Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SLW's Beginning

Wedding Stress is my business. In essence, I am a buyer of stress. No bride should be encumbered with the details of her wedding on her special day, nor needs to be. That's where I come in. As a Certified Wedding Planner (http://www.weddingplanninginstitute.com/courses.html), I tend to as many or as few details as my clients request. My services range from simple Day-Of Coordination to Full-Service Wedding Planning. Although I love it all, my passion lies within the details... I love organizing the who's, what's, where's and when's of "I Do". There's a moment during every wedding where I catch a glimpse on the bride's face that says it all... and then I know I've done my job well!

My flare for Event Design is probably my biggest. I enjoy arranging flowers, designing tablescapes, and creating an overall design for a bride's wedding day vision. Give me tape, scissors and a staple gun any day... oh, and I'm a whiz with a glue gun.

Wedding planning was really a no-brainer for me. I think I've always been a wedding planner but just realized it a few years ago. After months of planning my own wedding and finally walking down the aisle, it occurred to me that wedding planning was something I truly loved doing. A career made for me, in fact. It was then that I realized that if I didn't become a wedding planner, I would probably start looking for excuses to get remarried, again and again.

After struggling with personal timing issues and the conception of a name, Samantha Little Weddings & Events was born in 2010. Alongside assisting family and friends with their nuptials, I had coordinated my first "paid" wedding in August of 2008, just 11 short days before my father passed away. Although he didn't think wedding and event planning was a practical career in Vermont (little did he know that Vermont is the third most popular location for destination weddings in the U.S.), he was my biggest cheerleader and supported my dream from day one. He was so proud when I walked in at 12:30am, completely thrilled and exhausted, having just successfully coordinated my first wedding. I think of him often, and as SLW continues to grow, I offer him a silent thank you and a wink.

With the summer of 2010 behind me, I am keeping myself busy in the off-season. It has been a time of networking with other reputable area vendors, building my name, and preparing to host my own vendor booth at future bridal shows. I will be showcasing some past weddings on here soon.

Thanks for your interest in SLW... more to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment